Wednesday, July 30, 2014

35 weeks


 
Derek gone= horrible self timer pic.  But I got one in!
 
 
 
How far along: 35 weeks (7/22/14)

Size of baby: Over 18 inches (kind of doubt it) and 5 1/4 pounds. About the size of a honeydew melon. 


Feeling: Friday morning was a little rough. I kept getting super hot and really weak. I had some contractions off and on but back to normal by afternoon. It was enough to get my butt in gear and get a lot done for the baby this past weekend. 


Weight gain: 21.5 pounds. My Ob was gone last week so I saw a different doctor but he said baby was measuring right at 35 weeks so the lack of weight gain wasn't anything to worry about. He said a lot of woman will plateau in weight towards the end so all is good. That was Wednesday and Monday I was up 2 more pounds so we're all good.

Gender: BOY!! Brooks Anthony. 


Cravings: Got my club crackers again at the store. And lots of fruit. 


Best moment this week: I was checking things off my list left and right this weekend. His dresser is put together with little tiny clothes washed inside, put together rock n play, pack n play is ready to go in our room, got my travel size bathroom things for hospital, a pajama set for hospital, got him a few outfits and ordered his coming home outfit. Collins seems to be understanding more that baby is coming and she'll point to his car seat when we talk about it. She loves his room and all the baby gear we've been getting out. 

Movement:  Can't miss em. My stomach literally bulges as he sticks his butt up or does who knows what. Feeling some movement down south so wondering if he's dropped. Doesn't look like it but feels like it! 


Sleep: either up for a good hour in the middle of the night or up for the day around 6:30. Losing energy and tired by 7pm. Even with a nap! Looking forward to not having to wake up and shift pillows around every time I move at night. I'll enjoy this crappy sleep while I can though. I know it's gonna be worse when he comes. 


Maternity clothes: Everything is getting snug and I'm too close to the end to buy new clothes. I'll just keep yanking my shirts down and wearing my comfy clothes. 

Milestones:  Because he is snug in there, he isn't likely to be doing dramatic somersaults.  The amount of movement should remain the same though.  His kidneys are fully developed and his liver can process some waste products.  Basic physical development is now mostly complete and  his main job over the next few weeks is to put on weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment