Wednesday, July 2, 2014

31 weeks and his name!!

 


How far along: 31 weeks (6/24/14)

Size of baby:  Over 16 inches long and around 3.3 pounds.  About the size of a coconut. 


Feeling: Well I had Braxton hicks contractions for the first time yesterday at 31 weeks and 6 days.  I don't remember having them with Collins but my doctor warned me I probably would this time around.  We were gone a lot of the day so I wasn't drinking as much water as I usually do which is what I think caused them.  They were off and on for a couple hours and I drank lots of water and they finally stopped. Makes me realize just how close we are to meeting this little fella.  Heartburn was pretty bad at the end of the week too.


Weight gain: 17.5 pounds.  I just might gain less then I did with Collins. Woo hoo!

Gender: BOY!! My sister got him this adorable blanket and we can finally announce his name!
Brooks Anthony
I've always loved the name Brooks but debated using it since Collins' name ends in s.  We couldn't stop going back to it so we said the heck with it.  We love it and that's all that matters.  Anthony is Derek's middle name, his dad's middle name, his grandpa's name, etc. It's also my brothers name, grandpa'a name, etc. So family tradition on both sides. 




Cravings: I finally got my s'mores fix! I might have had more then 1 too. Their just so good when they touch your lips.


Best moment this week: Collins' had her head on my stomach and I told her the baby was kicking her.  She sat up and put her foot on my belly like she was kicking him.  Too funny.




Movement: I wouldn't say as much but still a ton.  Guessing he is starting to run out of room.


Sleep: Sometimes I consider wearing depends to bed so I don't have to constantly get out of bed to go.  But that's gross so I don't.  We transitioned Collins to a toddler bed so I have been losing sleep over watching her on the monitor.  She's done awesome, I'm just paranoid of her falling off.



Maternity clothes: Just bought my 5th pair of my favorite non maternity Old Navy shorts.  So light and comfy.  Gotta buy bigger sizes in the shorts and tank tops though. 



Milestones:  He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath the skin.  

No comments:

Post a Comment