Tuesday, August 5, 2014

36 weeks




How far along: 36 weeks (7/29/14)

Size of baby: 18 1/2 inches and almost 6 pounds.  About the size of a head of romaine lettuce.


Feeling: Like I want this baby out! I didn't have any Braxton hicks contractions this week and I've felt decent but I am ready to meet him.  So hard to do anything with this big ole belly.

Weight gain: 24 pounds.  I have gained 3 less pounds then I did with Collins but I feel so much bigger this time around.

Gender: BOY!! Brooks Anthony. 


Cravings: I can't think of anything I was dying to have this week.  My appetite has went down but I've still been eating plenty of cookies that I made. Meat hasn't been sounding all that great again.


Best moment this week: Scheduling my induction!!  If he doesn't decide to come on his own, we will be induced on August 21st.  I'm due the 26th but I'm anxious to get him out and this date worked the best for our doctor and us.  And having both my kids born on the 21st should make birthdays easier to remember :) She also checked me and she said I might be dilated to a 1 but he's still up pretty high. His room is almost complete and the diaper bag is packed.

Movement:  They sure have been painful the past couple days.  Little guy is out of room and letting me know it.  


Sleep: Well big sister is going through a sleep regression or something so sleep hasn't been good but it's not all because of baby. Lots of bathroom trips though.

 
Maternity clothes: Nothing fits. 2 weeks and 2 days till my belly isn't hanging out the bottom of my shirts and I can button my shorts.

Milestones:  He's shedding the downy hair that covered his body, as well as the vernix caseosa- a waxy substance that protects the skin during its 9 month bath in amniotic fluid. Your baby swallows these substances , along with other secretions, and they form a tar-like black substance called meconium, which the baby passes in his first bowel movement.  At the end of the week, he will be considered "early term." Most likely head down position (yes, he is) and gaining an ounce a day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment