Here is my 1 picture to complete the challenge! Sorry for the poor quality, it’s from my sisters phone right before I walked down the aisle!
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
I’m so ready for this challenge to be over with. I like having to blog everyday but these “challenges” really are hard and BORING! 1st song is easy peasy, 2nd one was a little tough but I like my decision…
1. Lady Antebellum “When You’ve Got a Good Thing.” It’s our wedding song and it still gives me goosebumps. LOVE it!
2. Randy Rogers “Kiss Me In The Dark.” This brings back so many college memories. We used to always go see them in concert when they came to the country bar in Manhattan. We were those crazy drunk girls in the front row singing our hearts out. I had a strange attraction to the fiddle player and got to meet him just a couple weeks ago (plaid shirt. Guy in black shirt and baseball hat is in the band toot).
Monday, August 29, 2011
Cutting to the chase, Kate Plus 8 starts in 10 min!
- The Hangover- Hilarious. I’m always using lines from that movie…Ratard
- Bridesmaids- Another hilarious movie. I can’t wait to buy it when it comes out
Spice WorldHow to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. Ok so I had a hard time with this and I went through our movies (which is not very many) and this one popped out. It’s good, maybe not a top 3 favorite but it will work.
Sunday, August 28, 2011
This is a tough one. I don’t read books so I’m going to do magazines and a book I want to read
1. I love any celebrity magazine. US weekly, People, etc. I hate buying magazines cause their $3-$4 and I read them in 15 min. and then throw them away. I stay up on my celebrity gossip through people.com or E! News
2. Kraft Food and Family. Great, easy recipes
3. The Knot. I don’t buy them anymore but when I was planning the wedding, this was my favorite magazine. I plan on buying The Bump and The Nest when time comes
4. I would like to read Heaven Is For Real. A true story about a 4-year old who tells stories about his trip to heaven after having a life-saving surgery.
Saturday, August 27, 2011
Mmmmm I love food! Here are my top 5 favorite foods:
- Cheese dip. I could eat this everyday for the rest of my life. White cheese dip is my favorite but I’ll settle for velvetta and rotel when Derek won’t take me to a Mexican restaurant for the 100th time that month (kidding).
2. Pizza Hut pizza. Yes, it must be Pizza Hut. Hand tossed pepperoni and sausage please.
3. Salsa. Can you tell I’m a Mexican fanatic? Derek and I make some stellar homemade salsa.
4. Pigs in a blanket with velvetta shells and cheese. Technically this is 2 foods but I count it as 1 because their way better that way.
5. Wings. Willie’s buffalo wings are to die for. I blame them for the 10 lbs I gained when I worked there.
This make anyone as hungry as it made me?!
Friday, August 26, 2011
- We want to go to Mexico again. We’d love going back to were we went for our honeymoon but part of me wants to try a new place like Cozumel or Cabo! We both agree that we will for sure do another all inclusive!
- I want to go to a city. Either Chicago or New York. I have never been to any big city and would love to go around Christmas when their all lit up for Christmas!
- Derek is dying to go to Colorado. They always went to Gunnison growing up so he is dying to go back. We’ve actually talked about going next summer with his parents and his sister and her family! You won’t find me in Colorado in the winter months but I don’t mind going in the summer
- I want to go to Atlantis in the Bahamas. I think this would be such a fun family vacation. I’ve been dying to go to this resort since I saw it on Oprah like 7 years ago. There’s an aquarium, waterpark, beaches, what more do you need?!
Thursday, August 25, 2011
Oh yeah! This is an easy one!
- I want to be a mom. I’ve wanted kids since I was 1 years old. Not kidding. I have always loved babies and have hoped and prayed for a big family of my own
- I want a house!!! I’ve lived in an apartment or a rented college house for the past 7 years so I am ssssooo ready to have my own house!
- I want to live a healthier life. I want to continue to workout and start eating more fruits, vegetables and taking vitamins.
- I want to start going to church. Derek and I have said this for awhile now and I really want to find a good church we can join so we can become better Christians and to also meet new people
- I want to be a better person. Who doesn’t? I want to be a better wife, sister, daughter and friend. That might mean talking on the phone (oh I hate it!), having a girls night with friends, talking more to Derek each night before we go to bed, etc.
- I want to travel. Neither Derek nor I have traveled much so we keep coming up with places we want to visit. I don’t want our kids to stop us from this either like it does with a lot of people. They’ll either come along or go stay with family
- I want a cleaning lady,chef, new car, new clothes, new shoes…I’ll stop there
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Todays challenge is a little hard. Not that I can’t think of 8 fears (I’m scared of a lot), it’s just hard to tell others what you fear. So don’t laugh…
- I fear the dark. If you’ve been following my 10 day challenge, you are already aware of this. Weird thing is, my room has to be pitch dark for me to sleep. Just gotta make sure someone is sleeping with me
- I fear being able to get pregnant and having a healthy baby. Derek’s sister and my sisters were both fertile mertiles so I feel like we’ve been too lucky and I’ll be the one to have a hard time or have some sort of complication. I pray I am wrong!
- I fear spiders, snakes, sharks and ostriches. I can blame my mom for that one. She once scared me for life when we went through a drive through zoo and one tried to come in my window. I jumped to the backseat where she continued to roll down BOTH back windows. I was screaming and she was just laughing (don’t worry I was like 18, not 3. She’s not THAT mean)
4. I fear losing my family…and dogs. I always kid with Derek saying I’m going to be all old and alone cause he is 5 years older then me. Chances are, I’ll die first cause he is in way better shape. I also always tell the dogs they can’t ever die. Derek thinks I almost cry even thinking about it (he’s kind of right). I fear anyone close to me dying!
5. I fear an intruder. Being a chicken runs in the family. I am always paranoid of being raped, kidnapped or murdered.
6. I fear our future. I fear something happening to our careers, raising our kids, financial issues, etc.
7. I fear ghosts. I believe in them and I don’t wanna mess with em!
8. I fear medical issues. I just hope my family continues to stay healthy and that future family members are healthy and stay healthy!
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Back at it again. Here is todays 9 Loves:
- I love Mexican. I could eat it everyday. Mmmmm cheese dip and salsa
- I love the smell of clean laundry. Nothing better then getting into a freshly washed bed
- I love reality TV. I’m hooked on Kate Plus 8, Bachelor, Giulianna and Bill,Teen Mom, America’s Got Talent, the list goes on and on
- I love scary movies. I may hide my eyes a lot and check under the bed and in the closet every night for a few days after watching one but I love the suspense.
- I love my family. I know it’s cliché but I seriously don’t know where I would be without them. Not only my family but Derek’s side too. I have AMAZING in laws.
7. I Love pinterest. I tried not to get hooked because it’s another addiction I don’t need but I caved and I’m in love
8. I love K-State. Born and raised in Manhattan so my blood is purple
9. I love having this blog. One day I want to have all my posts printed and put into a book so I can go back and see what life was like and so my kids can see what we did before them. I also love reading other people’s blogs as well.
Monday, August 22, 2011
I’ve had nothing to blog about so I thought I would link up to Leggings Are Not Pants for a 10 day challenge
- I’m too scared to stay overnight alone and can count on 1 hand the times I have had to. Let’s just say I didn’t get ANY sleep.
- I have 12 unopened Spice Girl barbie’s and everything else Spice Girls from CDs to sucker wrappers in a box at my dads
- I talk to my dogs as if they were human
- I would love to move to another state but there is no way I can move far from my family
- I want 4 kids. I’m sure I’ll change my mind after I have 1 but I’ve wanted 4 since I can remember
- I’ve decided I am fine with having a car payment for the rest of my life because I get sick of cars super fast
- I’ve always wanted to work in the hospital nursery
- I pee at least once in the middle of the night every.single.night (and no, I’m not pregnant)
- I suck at cooking and baking. It’s a good thing Derek likes to cook and he’s ok with ice cream every night for dessert
- I’m not good at keeping secrets
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
I'm so glad I can finally sign Sarah Lorson on everything without questioning whether I should put Long or Lorson. Until today, my drivers license said Long and I was worried if I wrote Lorson and they asked for my id, they'd be all confused. Now I just need to remember to not sign everything Sarah Long just out of habit!
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Febreze with Gain-I wanted to try it after my sister went crazy over the plug in. Every time I go to Wal Mart or Target, they don’t have it so I had to settle with the spray and I love it!
The home search: We aren’t having great luck but I have loved going and looking at houses. We have until November to be out of our place so we are in no rush to buy something we don’t love.
(the house we made an offer on but they got a higher offer )
America’s Got Talent-this is the first season we have watched and we are hooked. We don’t get into Dancing With The Stars, American Idol, etc but we like this one! Here are some of my faves that are still in the run
GMC Acadia- I am hoping that if I say it enough, Derek will get it for me (hi hunny!). I mean I am going to need a bigger car for my daycare
Spicy Chicken Spaghetti- We tried this for the first time a couple weeks ago and it has been added to the favorites list. I just found this recipe online and I’m pretty sure it’s the same as the one from my cookbook. We added crushed red peppers to it because we didn’t think it would be spicy enough…bad idea. It was ssssoooo spicy. Still delicious though!
That I get to see all but 1 of these girls this weekend!!