Wednesday, July 23, 2014

34 weeks

Sometimes, a video is just as good as a pic. Here's a glimpse at this active fella:





How far along: 34 weeks (7/15/14)

Size of baby: 4 and 3/4 pounds and almost 18 inches. About the size of a cantaloupe. Collins' was 18 in. at birth so we'll see how they compare, I'm guessing they'll be very close in weight and length. 


Feeling: having Braxton hicks contractions off and on and some pressure down south too. Anxious to see when he comes. I'm counting down the weeks. I really can't complain too much because I've been feeling really good but I'm ready to bring him home! 


Weight gain: 21.5 pounds. I eat all day long so I'm a little surprised I haven't gained more. I think I'll bring it up to the doctor because I haven't gained much in the past 3 weeks and I want to be sure baby is growing. 

Gender: BOY!! Brooks Anthony. 


Cravings: chocolate, sweets and fruit. Same ole, same ole cravings. 


Best moment this week: Getting the car seat out (hasn't been installed yet) and shopping for things for the nursery. Collins is loving playing in the swing, car seat and crib so hopefully she does ok when it's Brooks' turn to use them. She knows their for him and likes putting her baby dolls in them so crossing my fingers we aren't setting ourselves up for disaster. 

Movement: Still kicking, moving and punching away.  


Sleep: Falling asleep isn't a problem but between bathroom trips and just being wide awake at 4:30am for a good hour, it could be better. I keep catching myself on my back again and am looking forward to being able to sleep on my stomach and back without depriving the baby of oxygen again. 


Maternity clothes: Everyone talks about how miserable being pregnant in the summer is but I'm liking the summer maternity clothes way more then the winter. Yeah, I get hot but I'll take tank tops and dresses over maternity jeans any day. 


Milestones:  fat layers- which will regulate body temperature after birth- are filling your baby out, making him rounder. His skin is becoming smoother then ever.  The central nervous system is maturing and lungs continue to mature as well. Babies born between 34-37 weeks who have no health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the nicu but usually do just as fine as a full term baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment