Thursday, October 25, 2012

Cute as a Button-KC Shower

My sisters and mom hosted an AMAZING baby shower for Collins and I the beginning of Oct. My brother and his fiance were gracious enough to let us use their house for the shower and my sisters went above and beyond themselves on the decorations. I am so in love with it all and have a feeling it will be Collins 1st birthday theme as well. I have all the decorations saved so it will be easy for me :)
 
Let's start with the cake table. Amy and Amber pretty much made everything. Amy scored the cake plate from a thrift store and already had the chalkboard sign in her kitchen.We made the pain in the butt tissue poms the night before the shower and I think Amy already had the fabric banner on the front of the table in Harper's room.  All the guests signed a book for Collins which I thought was such a good idea. Took me a couple days to read it because I kept crying! Amber made the cake top which I absolutely love.




 
Sorry girls, I had to add in these beauties of us making the darn tissue poms. There was lots of laughing and cuss words being thrown out during this process.


 
 
She (Amy took all these pics) didn't get very many pictures of the food table but my mom made some delicious food! Above the food table was pictures of Derek and I as babies and toddlers. They were hung with tiny clothes pins with buttons on them. I will redo this idea for Collins birthday but hang her monthly pictures instead.  There aren't any pictures but there were also mason jars for cups and super cute striped straws.

 
 
Lastly are some pics of me (and my huge belly) with some of the guests. Wish I would have taken more pics with everyone that came!
Sisters, mom and me

High school best friends

Aunt and cousin

niece, Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment