Tuesday, October 30, 2012

36 Weeks (10/26/12)

 
How far along: 36 weeks

Size of baby: 18.7 inches and just under 6 pounds. About the size of a coconut.  

Weight gain: 27 pounds. Yep, I gained 2 pounds this week. Let's hope it's going straight to Collins. People say at the end of pregnancy you get full fast cause you have no room for food, this is sssooo not the case for me. I am still a bottomless pit!

Progress: They usually don't start checking you till 37 weeks but my doctor asked yesterday if I wanted to be checked and since Derek is going to be in Oklahoma this weekend and I am breaking the rules and going to El Dorado, I had her check me. No progress so I think it's still going to be a little while before she makes her debut.

Maternity clothes: Yep. Even my small maternity shirts are getting short and I dread putting my maternity jeans on. I pretty much live in comfy clothes or leggings.

Stretch marks: No new ones

Sleep: Can't complain too much here. Usual 2-3 bathroom breaks but I have been falling back asleep pretty quickly. Sometimes hurts to turn over, I think I am having ligament pain again.

Symptoms: What I assume is ligament pain because I don't think it's contractions or braxton hicks. My lower stomach gets sharp pains that don't go away for a couple hours. Hurts really bad to stand up from a sitting position. Back usually hurts by the end of the day too and I had a headache the other night for the first time in a really long time.

Best moment this week: Finishing up things in her room, going to the doctor yesterday and I have my breastfeeding class tonight and we have birthing class 3 of 4 tomorrow night.

Movement: Still moving a lot but not as big of movements which is normal since she is running out of room. Hiccups probably twice a day and she is still head down.

Food cravings: I think you know by now, sugar!!! The Halloween sugar cookies from our Halloween party didn't last long and I just got done making Halloween cupcakes. I might have ate some of the frosting straight out of the container.  

Gender: GIRL!!!! Collins Cate Lorson

What I miss: Normal clothes, bending over without not being able to breath, getting in and out of the car (sometimes Derek has to pull out of the garage because I can't open the car door enough to get in). I'm just ready for her to come out!!!

Milestones: If I were to go in labor now, they wouldn't try to stop it. Some say full term is 36 weeks and some say 37 but either way, she has 99% chance of survival.

No comments:

Post a Comment