Monday, October 22, 2012

35 Weeks (10/19/12)


How far along: 35 weeks

Size of baby: 18.2 inches and 5.5 pounds. About the size of a honeydew melon. 

Weight gain: 25 pounds

Maternity clothes: Yep. Even my small maternity shirts are getting short.  

Stretch marks: Not any new ones.

Sleep: I am always tired and sleep pretty good at night. My body pillow is still my best friend and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to part with it after the baby comes. I must have jinxed myself about Collins never waking me up because she has a couple times now. Just wiggling around in my ribs causing trouble. Still 2-3 bathroom trips a night.

Symptoms: Couple stomach pains, pressure down south, backaches and did I mention I am always tired? Only a couple more weeks...

Best moment this week: We started our birthing class last week, went and pre registered at the hospital on Saturday, saw the doctor today and did the hospital tour tonight. We also installed the car seat base and started packing our bags. I think we are about set!

Movement: Movement and lots of hiccups. Doc thought she had her back towards us today because she couldn't get a clear hearing of it. She had to try for awhile before we could really hear it over all the movement. Heartbeat was down to 130 but she said that was perfect.  

Food cravings: My dad got to experience my sugar craving this weekend :) We went to the grocery store and had to look high and low for the caramel candy I wanted. No worries, we found it by the apples.  

Gender: GIRL!!!! Collins Cate Lorson

What I miss: Normal clothes! I am so sick of my maternity clothes but can't get myself to buy any new ones with my due date so close. I got some new fall clothes a couple weeks ago but stupid Kansas weather has decided to be in the 70s and 80s and I can't wear them!
Milestones: Final countdown is on! I know some people are against induction but with my job and having to plan out my maternity leave, I brought it up to my doctor today. Ideally I would like her to come on her own but if she isn't here by the Nov. 19th, we might be inducing. That's the first day of my maternity leave (I am due the 23rd) and my doctor said as long as I was 39 weeks and had dilated at least some, she was ok with it. Now we'll just have to wait and see how I progress and what my doctors schedule is going to be that week to get a for sure date. So that means in  hopefully 4 weeks, Collins will be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment