Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A peacock shower and more!

Well I survived my crazy busy weekend! It took all I had not to take off work yesterday and catch up on some sleep but I forced myself out of bed Monday morning. We started the fun Friday evening when we all went to dinner for my cousins 21st birthday. It was hard to find a place that could fit 15 of us and 3 kids so we had to sit at 2 different tables but still had a good time at Texas Roadhouse.

Table 1

Table 2

Birthday boy!

Saturday I was up bright and early to shower and go to Amber's so her and Amy could do my hair and make up for our engagement pictures. I am so lucky that my sisters are so good at hair and make up. I want to add that I got a spray tan on Thursday night so that's why I am so dark. Engagement pictures went really well. I am hoping we will be able to see them this week or next.
Amy working on my hair


After our pictures, I met my sisters and Harper to do some last minute shopping for my cousins bridal shower we were hosting on Sunday. We ran around for a couple hours and then I headed home to watch our nieces and nephew so Dereks sister and brother in law could go to the Carrie Underwood concert. We were hoping to go back to my sisters house so all the kids could play together and I could hang out more with my sister Amy who was in town but our nephew Peyton got the flu on their way here so we thought we better just stay home. The kids were so good for us and 2 of the 3 were asleep at 8!

Derek and HazelHalle and Hazel

All of us passed out (Hazel was upstairs sleeping)

I got up early Sunday to shower and say goodbye to Dereks sister and her family before I went to Ambers for the shower. My cousin is getting married Nov 27 and she is doing a peacock theme. She is doing more of the browns for her wedding so we did a peacock theme shower but did it more bright and fun. We had a good time chatting with everyone, drinking mimosa's, and eating quiche and cinnamon rolls. I headed home after the shower and didn't move from the couch the rest of the day. Derek and I were in bed at 8:30 that night! It was a very fun and busy weekend!
The future bride
Having a toast before the guests arrive
Her wedding invitation
The hostesses with the future bride

All of us with grandma (Aiden wasn't in the pic cause he was naked after eating a cupcake)

Handsome boys ready for the shower

Harper


And most importantly, I got a phone call yesterday saying my wedding dress is in!!!! It wasn't supposed to be in until the end of Decemeber so I am super excited! I need to call and set up an appt to try it on and then I just have to wait for the other piece of it and my veil!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment