Monday, June 2, 2014

27 Weeks


How far along: 27 weeks (5/27/14)

Size of baby:  14 1/2 inches long and almost 2 pounds.  About the size of a head of cauliflower

Feeling: A little bummed since failing my glucose test.  I failed it the first time with Collins as well but I really didn't see it coming this time around.  I don't eat near as much sugar as I did when I was pregnant with her.  Hopefully I pass the 3 hour test like I did with her.  We shall find out on Wednesday.

Weight gain: 16 pounds.  I feel so much bigger this time around but I just looked at my pregnancy posts from Collins and I am exactly where I was with her.  Going to try and only gain 1 pound a week from here on out. He's measuring 1 week ahead but Colllins always was too. 


Gender: BOY!!  

Cravings: Haven't got my s'mores fix yet. But I did get some sopapillas at my birthday dinner and they really hit the spot. 

Best moment this week: I can't think of anything baby specific but his kicks and movement never get old.  And Collins lifting up my shirt to give baby brother a kiss. 

Movement: This boy is an active fella.  I wish Collins understand what was going on when she is laying against my belly and he kicks her. 

Sleep: Besides the bathroom trips, I sleep pretty good.  But if I wake up anytime after about 3am, it's a bit of a struggle to fall back asleep.  And our room has been SO bright in the morning so I've been waking up around 6:30-7 (even though Collins sleeps till about 7:30-8).

Maternity clothes: I went on a birthday shopping spree and got some maternity and some non maternity.  I did finally buy a maternity swim suit though. I've been wearing hand me down ones or non maternity ones but they just don't cover the belly like I would like. 

Milestones:  He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals (let's hope these change when he arrives cause he likes to party in the middle of the night), is opening and closing his eyes and maybe even sucking on his fingers.  His brain is very active now and even though his lungs are immature, they are capable of functioning with a lot of medical help if he were to be born now.  Stay put young man! Hiccups may be common now.

No comments:

Post a Comment