Thursday, June 19, 2014

28 Weeks


How far along: 28 weeks (6/3/14)

Size of baby:  14.8 inches and 2 1/4 pounds. About the size of an eggplant.



Feeling: I was bummed to have to take the 3 hour glucose test but it wasn't too bad and I had a nice morning to myself.  Even if it was at the doctors office getting blood taken every hour and drinking that awful drink again.  Some lower back pain has started in too.  



Weight gain: 17 pounds.  Staying right on track of where I want to be.  Less weight gained equals less weight to lose.   



Gender: BOY!!  And we had a name change this week which is exactly why I am scared to announce. We went back to an original name that we liked so I'm pretty certain we are set with it now.  But I'm still not sure if we should announce in fear of it changing.  It starts with a B now instead of D.  Driving you nuts?



Cravings: I tried to take it easy on the sweets until my glucose test was over but I still did some serious damage to Oreos.   


Best moment this week: Passing my 3 hour glucose test!!! Usually baby boy gets shy (or stubborn) when people try to feel him kick but he kicked a ton for Derek one night and all my friends got to feel him at our girls/willies reunion day. 




Movement: He sure is getting strong. I can't wait to see if he is this active after he is born.  I sure hope not because we might never sleep around here.



Sleep: Having to pee 2+ times a night is really getting old.  Sleeping on my back and stomach sounds amazing right about now too.  I occasionally wake up on my back and debate staying but since baby can't get good oxygen that wait, I take one for the team and roll to my side. 



Maternity clothes: Been living in non maternity athletic shirts and tanks, just a size larger.  Sporting the maternity dresses and tanks on the weekends though. 



Milestones:  He can blink his eyes which now sport lashes. With increasingly developed eyesight, he may be able to see the light that filters through the womb. He's developing billions of  neurons in the brain and gaining weight to prepare for life outside the womb.

No comments:

Post a Comment