Wednesday, May 7, 2014

23 weeks

Please don't mind the no make up, comfy shorts and awful hair. It was 8:30pm on 23 weeks 6days so I HAD to squeeze in a pic. This is so embarrassing...
 
 

 How far along: 23 weeks (4/29/14)
 
Size of baby:  More then 11 inches and just over a pound.  About the size of a large mango.

 
Feeling: Definitely the toughest week so far. My asthma has been bothering me really bad. I feel like I ran a 5k after walking up 5 steps, I cough and can't breath all night and my allergies are bothering me on top of all that. 10 days and their still going strong. I went to the doctor and he said it was just a virus and my asthma acting up so he prescribed an inhaler and I finally picked it up.  Hopefully that will kick the sickness to the curb. 
 
Weight gain: 10 pounds. 
 
 
Gender: BOY!!  And the name is still sticking so we might announce soon. 
 
Cravings: All food has sounded terrible, especially meat.  I've had to force myself to eat so I don't starve the bambino. Wish I could have this lack of appetite when I wasn't pregnant!

 
Best moment this week: I mentioned brother and Collins automatically lifted up my shirt. Smart girl!
 
Movement: my coughing at night is keeping the both of us awake. He's been kicking a lot in the middle of the night and is most active from about 9-10pm. Moves throughout the day as well but I wouldn't say as much or as predictable.

 
Sleep: I'm sure you can guess where this is headed. HORRIBLE sleep this past week. Collins woke up probably 5 of the 7 nights for about 2 hours each time (guessing teeth and allergies), I've been wide awake, coughing and trying to breath from about 4-5am every day and then of course the coughing till I want to throw up all night long. 

 
Maternity clothes: Yes, and I did a little shopping for myself this week too. Mostly maternity clothes from Old Navy but also my favorite draw string linen shorts that aren't maternity, just bought bigger. 

Milestones: Sense of movement is well developed so he can feel  me move and dance.  You may be able to see him move underneath clothes (which I can).  Blood vessels in his lungs are developing to prepare for breathing and his hearing is becoming more keen.  The cochlear (inner ear mechanism) is fully formed so he can hear what I hear but not on the same level. 

No comments:

Post a Comment