Monday, April 7, 2014

19 weeks

 
 How far along: 19 weeks (4/1/13)
 
Size of baby:  6 inches head to bottom and around 8 1/2 ounces.  About the size of a large heirloom tomato.



Feeling: With the exception of last nights headache, great! I hadn't had a headache in awhile so can't complain too much.  I will say that the guy at Derek's baseball game last night who decided to smoke a cigarette right beside me and Collins definitely didn't help my headache and pissed me off.  I had a jacket on so he probably didn't know I was pregnant but hello? My little girl is right here, could you not smoke that somewhere else? Needless to say, we got up and walked around till he was done.  Rant over.
 

Weight gain: Lets go with 4 pounds.  At the rate I am eating, I see no problem gaining the 2+ pounds my doctor wanted me to gain.



Gender: BOY!! We had decided on a name (one we considered when I was pregnant with Collins) but a distant friend just used it so now we are on the fence about it.  Why are boy names so hard? Feel free to give some ideas! I'm not sure I can get the one we decided on out of my head though.  I have to get over the fact that other people will have my kids'  names. 
 
Cravings: I would have Jimmy Johns every day if eating lunch meat wasn't so frowned upon while being pregnant.  And maybe the fact that I would gain a crap ton of weight and I would rather buy baby clothes and bows then eat out every day.



Best moment this week: Having fun shopping for a boy, talking about him to Collins and thinking about the nursery.  We need a dresser asap because his closet and the guest bed and filling up quick. 
 
Movement: So much movement going on.  I felt them from the outside on 4/5/14 but of course as soon as Derek put his hand on my stomach, the booger stopped kicking. Love baby kicks!



Sleep: So much better since I stopped using my pregnancy pillow.  It's easier to switch sides without having to move that huge thing as well.  I'm sure I'll bust it back out before long. 



Maternity clothes: Mostly only maternity jeans.  Maternity shirts are still a bit big but I wear them once in a while.  
 
Milestones: His sensory development is exploding and his brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision and touch.  Some research suggests that he can hear my voice! His kidneys are making urine and hair on his scalp is sprouting.


20 wks with Collins
 

No comments:

Post a Comment