Monday, April 28, 2014

21 weeks

Written 4/21/14
 
 

How far along: 21 weeks (4/15/14)
 
Size of baby:  10.5 inches and three-quarters of a pound. About the size of a carrot. 


Feeling: Good other then a couple hot flashes. We'll be driving in the car and I'll have to turn the AC on full blast. Derek thinks I'm losing it but gaining extra weight plus the warm weather we have been having, has made me so hot! I got light headed and weak in the hotel room when I got too hot while getting ready. It's gonna be a long summer. 
 
Weight gain: I'm guessing 5-7 pounds. I have been a bottomless pit lately. 


Gender: BOY!! 
 
Cravings: Popsicles. Easily eating at least 2 a day. Poor Collins has no idea what she is missing out on when she takes a nap and goes to bed. 


Best moment this week: Amy and Derek feeling him kick. 
 
Movement:  sssooo much movement. I don't remember Collins being this active. He really gets to kicking and moving when I lay on my back. Not just little kicks either, I swear I feel his whole body move. 


Sleep: We were in a hotel most of the week so not great since Collins was right beside me (in her pack n play) but not terrible either. I was scared using the bathroom would wake her up but it luckily never did. And when your stuck in a pitch dark hotel room during nap, your forced to nap yourself. It was lovely. 


Maternity clothes: For sure maternity jeans but I prefer to just stay in my yoga pants. I need to go on a maternity dress shopping trip since I wasn't super big in the summer when I was pregnant with Collins. I am thinking lots maxi dresses to keep me cool and comfy. 
 
Milestones: Little flutter movement has probably moved to full fledged kicks and nudges (um yes). You may start to notice a pattern in his activity as you get to know him better (yes, he moves all day and night. We are so screwed).

No comments:

Post a Comment