Monday, April 28, 2014

22 weeks

Written 4/28/14
 
 
 
 
 How far along: 22 weeks (4/22/14)
 
Size of baby:  11 inches and almost 1 pound. Woo hoo for a pound!! About the size of a spaghetti squash.


Feeling: It's been a rough 3 days. It started with allergies and then this weekend I started coughing like crazy, sore throat and have been out of breath and wheezing. My asthma hasn't bothered me in years but I think that's what's going on. Might be due for an inhaler.  
 
Weight gain: Up 9.5 lbs at appt. on Friday. Yes, you read that right. I gained 6 pounds in a month. I had the same jump in weight with Collins around this time too. I guess my babies grow slow at first and then BAM! Major growth spurt. 


Gender: BOY!! I'm pretty certain we are set on his name but I'm gonna let it settle in for a bit before I know for sure and share. It's pretty cute if I say so myself. 
 
Cravings: Collins Easter candy needs to disappear because I can't stop eating it. And I made no bake cookies over the weekend and have ate way too many. 


Best moment this week: Possibly settled on a name and hearing his heartbeat at my appt (140s).
 
Movement: For sure. I told my ob how much he moves and she agreed cause he wouldn't sit still for us to hear his heart very long. I'm screwed when he gets bigger and stronger. 


Sleep: As I noted above, sleep has been rough the past couple days. I cough all night long and can't sleep on my back to help keep the snot from running out my nose.  I called my ob office today and got the go ahead to take cough medicine so hoping that helps tonight. 


Maternity clothes: Mostly, yes. I prefer my yoga pants and tshirts though. I've busted out the shorts a couple times but only at home and in hopes of getting some sun on these pale legs. 
 
Milestones: He is looking more like a miniature newborn with distinct lips, eyelids and eyebrows. His eyes are formed but the irisis (colored part of eye) still lack pigment. 
 
This little stinker never wants her pic taken until I am doing these weekly pics and then she is whining at my feet to get in on them

No comments:

Post a Comment