Wednesday, August 22, 2012

26 Weeks (8/17/12)

Yep, you get a t-shirt pic this week. Forgot to take a pic over the weekend and this is  how you see me during the week

How far along? 26 weeks

Size of baby: A little less then 2 pounds and 14 inches. About the size of an eggplant.

Weight gain: Around 14 pounds. Yikes!

Maternity clothes: Been wearing some maternity tank tops and shirts but still fitting into regular shorts (just bigger sizes). Had to buy a couple new tank tops because mine were getting way too short.

Stretch marks: Not that I can see

Sleep: ugh!!! Stupid allergies! I should probably buck up and buy the real Claritan or Zyrtec but those things are crazy expensive so I've been buying the knock off brands. Well they don't work! And what do you do when you have snot running out your nose but you can't lay on your back to keep it in?! So between going to the bathroom and blowing my nose, I am up a lot at night.

Symptoms: Heartburn,back aches, couple headaches this week and felt nausea's most of the day Monday. Didn't ever throw up so that's good!

Best moment this week: Seeing some of my friends I haven't seen since I have been pregnant. Should have put this in last weeks but I have had 2 strangers comment on my belly now. So thankful it no longer looks like I have a beer belly.

Movement: Morning, noon and night. Love watching my belly move and putting my hand on there so I can feel her kicking. She has had the hiccups a couple times too. Doctor said I should feel her move 10 times in a one hour span. She didn't say how often a day so I will have to ask the next time I am there. Or if any of you know, please fill me in. I think she is moving plenty but want to be sure.

Food cravings: The usual, sweets and fruit. I've been doing good on the sweets. Trying to limit myself and not go overboard. I also have mac and cheese once a week but that's more because Derek wants something that sounds terrible to me (poor guy hasn't got to grill near as much as we did last summer because it all sounds awful to me) so I resort to mac and cheese.

Gender: GIRL!!!! Collins Cate Lorson

What I miss: Sleeping on my back and stomach and not going to lie, it was hard going to a wedding and not being able to drink! I'm a party pooper when I don't have alcohol in me.  No dancing and home early.

Milestones: Sssooo close to my 3rd and last trimester!

As a side note, I started watching a 9 month old this week and he was delivered at 26 weeks and 5 days. That's exactly what I am today. It's reassuring to know that he was over 2lbs and yeah he spent 8 weeks in the NICU and is behind developmentally and physically but he's alive and healthy so if Collins comes (and she better not), she would have a good chance of survival. I told her she better keep her butt in there though!

No comments:

Post a Comment