Saturday, June 22, 2013

7 Months

 
Didn't I just do her 6 month post? This month went so freakishly fast. No doctor visits till 9 months so the height and weight are based on our doings. Which means their probably not accurate. I feel like she hasn't grown much in height and she is losing her baby fat. Sad, sad news because I love baby rolls. She wears mostly 6 month clothes but fits in 6-9 month and some 3-6 too. Still in a size 2 diaper but going to try a 3 next time we buy diapers.

Hopefully she starts packing on the pounds again because she is becoming quite the eater. She still nurses every 3 hours during the day but she only nurses for about 5-10 minutes. Weaning her has crossed my mind more then once but I might hold out till we can just switch her to whole milk. Still on the fence on this one. She is eating baby food twice a day and I usually mix in oatmeal with her fruit in the mornings. She gets a vegetable or a vegetable with meat mixture for dinner. She had table food for the first time the other night and devoured some baked potato. Since then, she has decided she likes her sweet potato puffs too. We are loving this because they keep her occupied while we eat dinner. She has no problems picking up little pieces of food and getting them to her mouth. I've looked into the baby led weaning  but it makes me nervous. I tried giving her a big chunk of banana and she just held it in her hand and kept looking at it. She nibbled a little bit on it but she prefers chunks of food as opposed to the whole thing. She can just some from her sippy too.
 

 Sleeping has been much better this month. She goes to bed around 8pm and wakes around 7am, still waking once in the middle of the night. This past week she's been making it till around 5am so almost making it through the night. She did this a few months ago though and then went back to 2am so I'm not holding my breath on the sleeping through the night yet. Naps are so much better too. She takes an hour nap at 9am, 1.5 hour nap at 1pm and then usually a cat nap at 5pm. We usually have to wake her after 30 min. when she does an evening nap.
 

She isn't crawling but she gets on all 4's and rocks. She can kind of scoot with her feet but she prefers just to barrel roll to get where she wants to go. It looks so painful but she can go from sitting to laying. She sits with her feet together in front of her and lifts up her butt and goes over her feet to get to her belly. Kind of hard to explain but it doesn't look like it's good for her legs. She almost went from laying to sitting when I was taking these pics. And she pulled herself to a stand from a sitting position today! We took 2 legs off her activity table so it slants down and she used that to pull herself up. Wasn't expecting that one!
 



No teeth yet but she has been pretty cranky this week and really goes to town on her fingers and binky. I'm thinking they'll pop through any day now. We've been giving her Tylenol for the pain since I've heard bad things about the hyland teething tablets we were using. Anyone know if orajel is safe? I just hate drugging her all the time.
 


She's been a big mama's girl recently. I don't know if it's the teething or some separation anxiety but she mostly wants me in the evenings and cries if I leave the room. Melts my heart and annoys me all at the same time. She cries for me and then lounges for me when I get close to her. I better enjoy it while I can because it won't be long before she hates my stinkin guts (Little Rascals for ya).

She has been so much fun this month and we are loving watching her little personality develop. She shakes her head yes and no (without any meaning), claps her hands, plays peek a boo if you put something over her face, swimming and loves pulling out all her toys from the basket. She wakes up in the best moods and could lay in her bed and play forever if we let her. We crack up when we watch her on the monitor and she'll be laying on her stomach in her crib and keep peeking out her crib railings to see if we've come in the room yet. She'll even pull the bumper down to check. She gets the biggest smile on her face when we walk into her room. I just want to freeze time and keep her this age forever. She is our entire world  and we are so lucky that she's such a great baby. We're screwed on the next kid.
Her sisters always have to be by her on the floor

No comments:

Post a Comment