Thursday, March 28, 2013

4 Months


4 months is 2 months away from 6 months which is half way to 1 year. Say wwhhhaaatttt?! Good thing I'm already planning her 1st birthday :)

She is such a happy baby. She'll smile at anyone and loves when people talk to her. She'll act like she is shy and look away and then slowly turn her head back around to look at the person. It's adorable. She definitely knows who mommy and daddy are and will watch us until we are out of sight. If she hears us talking, she will look all around the room until she spots us.

At 4 months, Collins can roll from stomach to back and especially loves to do this trick when she wakes up and when we lay her in her crib to go to sleep. And when I say lay her in her crib to go to sleep, I mean awake. Yep, this started yesterday and has been going great. I'm too scared to jinx myself so I'm going to wait a week before I post more on this topic. Speaking of sleep, she is napping around 9:30am, 1pm and 5pm.  She will only sleep pn her tummy and I hate it. Darn SIDS scares the crap out of me. Night time sleep has been pretty rough the past 3 weeks. Some nights she will sleep 13 hours and only wake once to eat and other nights she wakes up 20 min after we lay her down and then continues waking up all.night.long. This is what started the sleep training. That got old real fast. Especially because she would squirm and act like she didn't want us to rock her either. Not something I expected to happen already. It's been 1 day and I already miss rocking my baby.

She is feisty.  She likes to arch her back and try to fling herself from your arms and likes to practice rolling over while sitting in her bouncy seat, bumbo and swing.  She loves her new jumperoo and playing on the floor but both of these only last about 5 minutes. She likes being held the best. Her other new trick? Whining. I need to catch this on video because her facial expressions while she does this is hilarious. It's hard to take her seriously when she does it. She also growls, talks, smiles and laughs.

We haven't started cereal yet but we got the ok from the doctor today so I think the Easter bunny will be bringing some eating utensils and things. She is very interested in food and tries to grab our food and cup so I think she is going to love it. Nursing is still going great and we are back to giving her a bottle at night as her last feeding. She drinks 4oz before bed.

Collins, you make me smile from the moment you wake up until the minute you go to bed. I never thought I would be a morning person but your little face lights up when you see me peek over your crib and suddenly all my sleepiness goes away. I could kiss and squeeze you all day and I can't ever tell you enough how much I love you. Your mommies little baby and you'll be just that forever.
These pictures are getting hard to take already so I'm going to start including some outtakes. 
 Bottom row, 2nd from left, cracks me up every time. That smile is contagious.

No comments:

Post a Comment