Monday, March 11, 2013

Getting Into The Groove

I survived my first week at the gym. I think I can actually say I enjoyed it too! Something about getting out of the house and not being on mom duty for an hour is quite nice.

My mom and I attended 2 classes and I did 1 cardio day where I completed day 2 of my c25k.  We did the butts and guts class on Monday and not kidding, we had the hardest time walking down the gym stairs when it was over. Probably not the smartest class to do after not working out for a year. We were hanging on for dear life to the railings all while trying not to pee ourselves from laughing so hard. Needless to say, we were sore for days and didn't go to another class till Thursday. We thought yoga would be good for our sore muscles. wrong. This body doesn't stretch like it used to and all those moves that are supposed to feel good, were a complete struggle for us. The teacher had to correct my down dog. That's like a yoga move a 2 year old could do.

I finished the week with cardio on Saturday. I wanted to go do cardio yesterday but with church and cleaning, I never made it there. I know, pulling out the excuses already. I'm happy that I made it there 3 days and I'm going to try a little harder to do more then 3 workouts this week.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment