Monday, March 4, 2013

Mama needs to get in shape!

I canceled my gym membership when I was pregnant because let's face it, this girl HATES working out. I tried watching what I ate while I was pregnant so I didn't gain a ton of weight but going to work out was 1 thing I could not get myself to go do.

Well, it's been 3 months since I had Collins and I decided it was time to join a gym again. I'm down 8lbs from my pre pregnancy weight but my butt, tummy and every inch of my body jiggles. I hate spending an arm and a leg for a gym membership but I can't get myself off the couch to workout at home. So we found an awesome gym with a great price and signed our (Derek and me) booties up. Now I need to set up some personal goals so I have a reason to get myself to go.

1. Workout a minimum of 3 days. Yes, I am going to shoot for 4-5 but I gotta take baby steps or I'll just stop going all together. Collins can't go to the childcare they offer till she is 6 months so Derek and I are going to have to go at different times. He plans on going in the mornings and since Collins still wakes up once a night, I'm going to "sleep in" and go in the evenings.

2. Finish the C25K. I went 1 day last week and started this program. The first day was a breeze and I was actually embarrassed to keep running and then walking after 60 sec. But I know it's going to get harder and I'm not positive I'll be able to do it, but I am going to try!

3. Go to 1 class a week. I am most excited that this gym offers classes. Yoga, zumba, cycling, etc. I'm dragging my mom to butts and guts tonight and I can't wait. We're probably going to look like idiots and pass out within 10 min. but we are going to do it and that's what counts!

4. Get toned!!! I'm not trying to lose any weight since I am nursing and I need to make sure I'm eating enough for the 2 of us. I am pretty sure I have 100% body fat so I would like to work on getting this mom butt and tummy back to what they used to be.

So now that this is in writing and for the world to see, I better stick to my goals and report back to you guys that I accomplished them. I'm going to start my friends "Move it Monday"  and report back every Monday on my progress. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. My son is almost 3 months old and I feel the exact same way. I feel like everything is just so jiggly and I have fat in places I never have before! I look forward to seeing how your progress goes.

    ReplyDelete