Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas 2010

We left for Galva, KS (where Derek is from) on Thursday the 23rd so we could celebrate his nephews birthday. His actual birthday is the 28th but since we wouldn't be back for it, we had a a little party for him with us.

Christmas Eve we braved Wal-Mart to get some last minute groceries for the dip we were gonna take to our Christmas Eve party. Wal-Mart was luckily not too bad so we were in and out. After that we met one of Derek's friends and his little girl for some Pizza Hut buffet. You can't even eat inside the Pizza Huts in KC let alone have buffet so we have been looking forward to Pizza Hut buffet for awhile not. Fat kids :) After we stuffed our bellies we took it easy all afternoon until it was time to go to the Christmas Eve party at Derek's aunt and uncles. Their house is AMAZING and there was such a great turn out of people, food, and beverages. Even Santa made an appearance! We had a great time and look forward to many more Christmas Eve parties.

Christmas morning we woke up and Santa had come to Derek's parents house. We had a yummy breakfast and then opened presents with his parents, sister, and her family. Our nieces and nephew must have been REALLY good because Santa and grandma and grandpa got them LOTS! We got our Christmas present early when Derek's parents helped us get new furniture but they were nice enough to get us each a North Face jacket too!! We love them! We hated having to leave Derek's family on Christmas but we have to split holidays with each of our families so we packed up and headed to my dads.

Almost my whole dads side of the family plus all my siblings and nephews and niece came to my dads for Christmas. We had an awesome lunch of the traditional ham, turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, etc. After that the kids were ready to open presents. They of course were all spoiled with gifts and all of us kids got money, gift cards, and some other stocking stuffers. Even Elsie and Zoe got some new toys and a Pet Smart gift card! We continued to eat all day, play games (including Paxton's awesome Big Buck Hunter), and drink some wine. We were all exhausted at the end of the day and were all in bed by 10:30!

I left Sunday and went to Atchison with Amy and the kids (Josh and Derek left VERY early Sunday to help out at the bar) for the grand opening of the new Willies! Mom met us there and Amber and Aiden also followed us from Manhattan. The new bar looks awesome and they had a great turnout for Friends and Family. We will definitely be going back since it's only an hour away. We hung out at Willies all day and got to see Madi and Boston, Leslie and DJ, Casey, and other past employees we used to work with. That night Amy and I went back to the hotel to let the dogs out and get the kids in bed and then went back to Willies to drink with Derek and Josh (Harper and Pax stayed with their grandma at the hotel. Don't worry, we didn't leave the dogs to babysit them). We spent Monday recovering and then it was back to work...for me anyway. Derek enjoyed most of this week off. Lucky!
I am SO thankful for my family and although I already consider them my family, I can't wait to officially become a Lorson. We couldn't ask for a better family then the ones we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment