Friday, December 17, 2010

1 week from today...

...is Christmas Eve!!! Christmas is my favorite holiday. It's not the gifts that I love (cause I hardly get any now that my siblings and I are older and we would rather not do gifts) but I just LOVE Christmas lights, Christmas music, being together with family, etc. I can't wait to have kids and start traditions with them. One tradition my family does and I want to carry on to my kids is on Christmas Eve, we always got to open 1 present and they were always pajamas. We would all run to put on our new soft pajamas and then watch a movie and lay out cookies and milk for Santa.





This is going to be us one day :)








I am trying to talk Derek into driving around and looking at Christmas lights tonight. We already have plans to eat at Crown Center tomorrow night with my sister, Mike, Aiden, and my mom and then head to the plaza to look at the lights and go on a carriage ride but I want to look at neighborhoods tonight. We'll see if I can talk him into it. I haven't watched any of my favorite holiday movies yet (The Holiday and Elf) so we might have to do that this weekend too. I know your reading this Derek so get excited!


We are heading to his home town on the 23rd for Christmas and a birthday celebration and then heading to my family's Christmas on the 25th. This will be me and Derek's first year having Christmas together and I can't wait! We aren't exchanging gifts because of the wedding but we're going shopping for our families and dogs this weekend and are just going to enjoy being together on Christmas and watching others open our gifts!


Here are some Christmas pics to get everyone in the holiday spirit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment