Monday, August 18, 2014

38 weeks


How far along: 38 weeks (8/12/14)

Size of baby: Around 6.8 pounds and over 19 1/2 inches. About the size of a leek. Again, what is a leek?

Feeling: This pregnancy flew by but these last 4 weeks? Snail speed. My patience is dwindling and I'm just ready for him to be here. Except I'm not looking forward to leaving Collins for 3 days in order to actually get him home. I had some contractions Friday morning and was getting somewhat excited but they went away and I was still only a 1 at my appt that day. My ob thinks I'll go fast once they start me on pitocin so I hope she's right. Doesn't look like he's coming before Thursday. 

Weight gain: 24 pounds. He was measuring right on track at my appointment. 

Gender: BOY!! Brooks Anthony. 

Cravings: Not a huge appetite but still eating a good amount of fruit and sweets. 

Best moment this week: Everything checked out great at my appointment on Friday and we are still set for getting induced on Thursday. We spent our last weekend as a family of 3 and went out for ice cream Friday night, out to dinner Saturday night and just enjoyed cuddling and giving Collins 100% of our attention. I only got teary eyed a couple times thinking about her no longer being the baby. 

Movement: He's pretty low key during the day and I'm constantly nudging him to make sure he is ok.  But then he's super active from about 8-10pm.  I called the doctor all worried today because I couldn't get him to move much and then of course when I am waiting for them to call back, he finally had some movement.  They said 3 kicks in 30 min or 10 in 2 hours and we hit the 3 kick mark so I didn't end up going in.  And at this moment he has the hiccups and is kicking me like crazy. 

Sleep: Back to waking up for a good  hour in the middle of the night, bathroom trips every 3 hours and I can't freaking wait to sleep on my back and stomach again.  

 Maternity clothes: Absolutely.  And even the maternity clothes are stretched to the max.   

Milestones:  He has a firm grasp which we'll be able to test when we hold his hands for the first time and his organs are matured and ready for life outside the womb.   

No comments:

Post a Comment