Tuesday, July 23, 2013

8 Months

 
Somebody bring my baby back!  She is officially crawling and pulling up on everything in sight. She started getting the hang of crawling on July 4th and had it mastered within the week. And with crawling came pulling up on the couches, fireplace, etc. She's only gotten 1 tiny bruise on her head so far but I'm sure she'll get many more in the next couple months. She's getting pretty confident in the standing and will let go of things and stand for a couple seconds unassisted.

 
No doctor visit till 9 months so weight and height are estimates. Derek measured her at 25in but I got 26 in last month so unless she's shrinking, one of us is wrong. Wearing 6-9 month clothes but I just pulled out 9-12 month clothes. 12 month clothes?! She can't possibly almost be a year! We also graduated to size 3 diapers this month.

She got her first tooth this month! We had no idea she was teething till I felt in her mouth one day. And just like that the sleepless nights began. I think the tooth was coming up and down through the gums and was causing her pain during the night. It's fully through now and she had  a couple good nights of sleep and now the 2nd bottom tooth is coming in and she's back to waking at night in pain. I hate seeing her in pain and I am hoping after these first 2 teeth, she won't have such a hard time with them. On a good night she goes to bed at 8pm and wakes at 7am, eating once sometime in the night. When she's teething, she wakes up 1-3 times a night and we give her more Tylenol and fight her back to sleep for a good hour. She naps around 9am and 1pm for 1-2 hours.

Still eating like a champ. She nurses every 3-4 hours during the day and eats 2 meals. She drinks so well out of a sippy cup and can drink from a straw as well. She LOVES puffs and cheerios. They are our go to at restaurants and when we need to keep her occupied in her highchair during dinner. We have to remind her to eat one at a time because she'll shovel them by the fist full into her mouth.

Her hair is starting to fill out! I got a little excited and tried putting a clip in it but it didn't stay. I think she's too busy crawling around to do much talking. She does a lot of screaming and growling (thank you daycare kids) but no words other then the occasional mama. We think we heard dada the other day but haven't heard it since. She can wave, play peek-a-boo and give kisses. All of which are the cutest thing ever. She usually waves as soon as someone walks in the door and gets the biggest smile on her face like she's so proud of herself. She gives open mouth kisses on demand too. Nothing melts my heart more then when she crawls over to me and gives me a big, snotty kiss. She is obsessed with the dogs and their toys. She has 5,000 toys but always goes for the dog toys. And if the dogs are on the floor, she's bound to crawl over to them and pull their hair. Luckily, their very friendly with her and either run away or just give her kisses. We're working on petting them nicely.
 
She is a water baby and I couldn't be happier. We were at the pool for 3 hours this past weekend and she was in the water the entire time. She'll kick her feet and splash the water with her hands, not even caring if she gets her face wet. I hope she loves it this much next summer.

Collins, you need to slow down baby girl. I'm so proud of all the things your learning but mommy isn't ready for you to grow big. This month has been full of firsts and I cherish getting to witness them all. I love you with every bit of my heart. Don't ever forget that.

These pictures are getting near impossible to take...
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment