Wednesday, June 20, 2012

17 Weeks (6/15/12)


How far along? 17 weeks 

Size of baby: 4.5-5 in from crown to rump and 3.5 ounces. About the size of an onion

Weight gain: Our scale says 3.5 but I was up 3 at the doctor 2 weeks ago so I would say more around 5-7lbs

Maternity clothes: I wear mostly comfy clothes and dresses but when I wear shirts, they are maternity and I can wear my jeans with the bellaband but maternity jeans are WAY more comfy

Stretch marks: Nope. This stomach is getting huge though!

Sleep:Very good. I fall asleep as soon as my head hits my boppy pillow and I only wake when I need to pee. I couldn't fall back asleep the other morning at 5am because I started stressing out about maternity leave and what I am going to do with the daycare.

Symptoms: Couple headaches this week but they have gone away after I take tylenol

Best moment this week: Feeling the baby kick!! I noticed it the first time when we were at the pool in Vegas and I have felt it everyday since. It gave a big kick when Derek was listening to it on Father's day. 


Movement: Finally feeling it kick!! It's light enough that I only notice it when I am sitting still and concentrating on it though.

Food cravings: Bagels and cream cheese! I have had it for breakfast and lunch the past 2 days. And not just regular cream cheese, fluffy or whipped cream cheese. Meats have been sounding awful so I have been living on breakfast foods, fruits and desserts. 

Gender: A week from Friday!!! Derek still says boy and I really have no clue. I kind of think its a girl but it's always a boy in my dreams. 

What I miss: Not gonna lie, it was tough being in Vegas and not drinking. I was going to get a virgin strawberry daiquiri but my theory was, if people at the pool see me drinking that, they won't think I am pregnant and will just think i'm fat, if they see me drinking water, surely they will know it's a baby bump and not a beer belly. Yep, those are the thoughts that went through my head. 

Milestones: Finally feeling the baby kick!

1 comment:

  1. ha! That last part made me laugh out loud b/c I kid you not, I swear I had the exact same thought being pregnant with aspen in the beginning!

    ReplyDelete