Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Red, White, and Blue

The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. My cousin was born on the 4th of July (just 5 weeks after me) so we have always had huge celebrations. We used to get all decked out in red, white, and blue clothes and decorate our bikes, wagons, strollers, dogs, EVERYTHING and walk in my aunt and uncles neighborhood parade. Then we would spend the day letting off firecrackers  and just enjoying the holiday.

scan0034

My cousins and I when we were little. Getting ready for the parade!

036momsdots
Last years fireworks. We spend wwaayyy too much money on these things but it turned out great!

 

Things have not changed and I am happy that Derek’s family enjoys this holiday just as much as us. We went to my aunt and uncles last year so this year we are heading to Derek’s hometown for his aunt and uncles 4th of July pool party! I met his family for the first time at this party 5 years ago. It was here that I quickly learned his family likes to drink just as much as mine. This was the first time I had seen someone soak their fruit in liquor.

Now I’m in the 4th of July craze and have been getting some ideas for what I want to take to the festivities this weekend as well as some other 4th of July party pics I have come across and love.

4th

I want to throw a 4th party after seeing this!

4th2

Thinking about making these this weekend. I better soak the strawberries in liquor first!

4th4

Or we could just have these yummy beverages

4th5

SO cute! Making this next year

4th3

I’m on a rice krispie treat kick

smorecupcake

Don’t really fit the holiday but look ssooo good

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment