Monday, May 9, 2011

Wedding preparations

I’m going to have to break these wedding posts up into sections: preparations, rehearsal, and finally the wedding.
I made the majority of the stuff for the wedding so I think I am entitled to dedicate a post to all the crafts. I can’t take all the credit though cause I had help from Derek, my sisters, my cousin Kayla, and my dad and his girlfriend on some of the things. Here is what my house looked like for a good 2 months before the wedding:
And then I stayed at my dads the week before the wedding and his house was turned into this:
The first thing we made was the tissue wreaths for the church aisles. We had a wreath/drinking night at my sisters and accomplished 3 of 12 before we decided to call it quits and focus more on drinking Smile Here are the wreaths:

I had 6 grey and 6 yellow. I wish I had a picture of the final product but I can’t find any. I put ribbon on the styrofoam where there wasn’t any tissue and then we tied a ribbon bow where we left room on the wreaths. I thought they looked too much like Christmas wreaths so we turned them and had the bows on the side instead of top. Hopefully someone has a pic of the final product and I will post it when I get it. I was VERY happy with how they turned out (which is a good thing because each one took me about 2 hours when I was doing them alone).
Next I made ribbon wands for our guests to wave when we were walking out of the church.  Sadly, I don’t have any pictures of these. We got wooden dows and spray painted them white and then glued yellow and grey ribbon to the ends. Hopefully our photographer got a good pic of them.
Lastly, we made our own centerpieces. The branches didn’t get in until Thursday (yes, 2 days before the wedding) so we were on a mission to get them done. Luckily my sister was in town by then to help as well as Derek, my dad, and his girlfriend Kelly. It finished mounting the branches in the pots in no time (after Kelly knocked one over and cement went EVERYWHERE.  Luckily it was still wet so we quickly cleaned it up before it dried). I put green moss around bottom so you couldn’t see the cement and tied yellow ribbon around the grey pots. I had planned to hang crystals from the braches but we decided last minute they were too casual for crystals and liked them better plain.
Again, final product pic is going to have to come later. So mad I forgot to take pics when they were all done! Here is what I did for the other half of the centerpieces.
So there you have it. Those are the things that kept me very busy the 2 weeks I had off before the wedding. Next up: rehearsal!!

1 comment: