Monday, June 28, 2010

The past 2 weekends

*Just to warn you, this is a very long post!*

Last weekend (June 19th weekend) Derek, Zoe, and I went back to Derek's hometown (Galva, KS). His parents, sister, brother in law, nieces, nephew, grandparents, and some aunts, uncles, and cousins still live there so we had a nice weekend spending time with all of them. I unfortanantly don't have a single picture from the weekend. It's a small town so I just left my purse in my car all weekend with my phone and camera in it. We got there pretty late Friday night so after talking to his parents for a little while, we went over to one of his friends house to talk to some friends and have a couple drinks. Saturday we spent the day playing with his nieces and nephew, sister, and brother in law at his aunt and uncles awesome pool. That night we had a bbq over there for his grandpa's 80th. We hung out with family and friends that night and headed home after breakfast on Sunday. We both had a great time and were sad to leave.

This weekend (June 26th weekend) we stayed in KC. My sister came to town Friday night so we met her and my brother and some of her friends at a bar and had some drinks. Saturday Derek and I headed to the pool after Amber left to meet up with her friends and then hung out until his friend Nick from Wichita got to town with his girlfriend. They didn't get here till almost 10 so we headed to P&L as soon as they got to town. We got down there right as a concert was getting out so it took us forever to find parking. We eventually made it inside and had a good time at Howl at the Moon bar. We had lunch with them Sunday before they left town and then Derek and I were on the hunt for me cowboy boots. After trying the mall, Tj Maxx, Shoe Carnival, and Von Maur, I finally gave up. I guess they aren't in style anymore?? We got home in time to shower and then we headed to the Tim McGraw/Lady Antebellum concert. The concert was sssooo good. I didn't ever want it to end. Love and Theft was the opening group and then Lady Antebellum came on. I thought they were awesome and will be buying their CD this week. After they were done we figured Tim would come on in 10-15 min. I didnt even think I had time to go to the bathroom cause there was NO way I was missing him come on stage. It was close to an hour before he came on stage!! Come to find out, he is in a movie with Gwyneth Paltrow so they recorded us audience to air in the movie!! They had us scream really loud a few times and then we had to chant "Kelly, Kelly" (Gwyneth Paltrows characters name) a few times too. I can't wait to watch the movie and see if we made it on there. We stood right next to a guy who was holding up a 21 Bday sign so we'll be easy to spot! Tim FINALLY came out and he was AWESOME! I am pretty sure he saw me because he said Happy Birthday man to the guy standing right next to me :) We didn't get home till midnight so we both are pretty tired today after our very eventful weekend. Can't wait for our 3 day weekend! We will be heading to my aunt and uncles in Springfield, MO and I can't wait!!!!

Love and Theft


Lady Antebellum


Tim McGraw

No comments:

Post a Comment