Monday, November 24, 2014

Brooks at 3 months

 
Stats| No appointment this month so I'm gonna take a wild guess and say he's close to 13lbs and 22-23 inches.  Currently in size 2 diapers and 3-6 month shirts but 0-3 month pants.  Big belly and short leg problems.

Eating| About every 2.5 hours during the day, usually a 5-6 hour stretch at night followed by a 3-4 hour stretch.  I try to give him a bottle before bed but it's usually quicker to just nurse him.  When he takes a bottle, he'll drink 2-3oz. 
 
 
Sleeping| He was doing great and taking a long afternoon nap when Collins does but recently it's been a lot of cat napping.  Sometimes he'll sleep 1-3 hours but its usually 30-45 min.  The only good thing about cat naps is that he's been ready for bed about 7pm.  I make him do a dream feed at 9:30 before I go to bed.  I could never get Collins to wake up enough to do a dream feed but this guy doesn't turn down a meal.  After that little snack he sleeps till about 2:30am and around 6am he's ready to snack again and then go back to sleep in bed with me.   

Play| He'd be totally content with no toys and just his fist.  He goes to town on it and I've been putting a bib on him to catch all his drool.  I'm wondering if a tooth is on its way? His favorite thing to do is lay on the floor and talk to people.  He's getting good at hanging on to toys and when he gets a good grip on one, it goes straight to his mouth.  I sat him in the gumbo chair and he had pretty good head control in it.  He despises tummy time so we gotta work those neck muscles other ways. 
 
 
Health| We are battling a severe case of cradle cap.  He's had it for about 2 months and we've been on a prescription shampoo but it's still not working.  I called the doctor and we started a prescription cream today to go along with the shampoo.  I have no idea why we can't get it cleared up but he constantly scratches it and rubs it on anything he can.  We are on reflux medicine number 3.  He went about a week without any but he was getting the hiccups and swallowing a lot again so we got him back on it.  He's been such a happier baby the past couple weeks.  He still has some screaming fits but I finally don't want to pull my hair out on a daily basis.  Of course he had a 3 hour crying spell when Derek was out of town which led to me crying right along with him.  I was ready to take him to the emergency room but he finally passed out on my shoulder.   We are so glad to be at the end of the colic stage.  He so easily breaks out in a smile, is a chatterbox and has the cutest little laugh.  Whole new baby. Praise jesus. 
 
 

Likes| snuggling in mommy and daddy's bed, eating, anyone talking to him, falling asleep with his binky and the TV.

Dislikes| his binky after he's fallen asleep, his car seat (wwhhhyyyy don't my kids like the car), tummy time and still hates getting out of the bath.

Bubba, Brooksie bear, mama's boy, etc.  You are such a smiley boy now. You just light up when you see someone and always have something to say.  Those chubby cheeks and scrunched nose smiles are irresistible.  I love you so so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment