Wednesday, April 5, 2017

22 weeks

I'll be 28 weeks this Friday but I since I had this written for KC Moms Blog, I wanted to share it here too.  I've teamed with KC Moms Blog for this pregnancy and to share my experience at the new Birth Place.


How far along: 22 weeks (2/24/17)

Size of baby: Baby weighs almost 1 pound is around 11 inches long.    
 
Feeling: I self-diagnosed myself with bronchitis this week so that’s been fun. My 2 year old had it so it seems logical that my painful cough and wheezing was passed down from him.  I’ve had to use my inhaler here and there and I don’t think there has been a single good nights sleep this week between me and my sons’ coughing.  He’s doing much better after getting his prescription filled so I’m hoping it passes quick for the both of us.

Gender: BOY!! We’ve been calling him by a name for several weeks now but we still aren’t 100%.  We can’t agree on the spelling so we’ll see what we end up deciding.  

Cravings: A waffle a day keeps the doctor away.  No? Well, I think I’ve had one just about every morning this past month.  It’s a pregnancy craving I’ve had with all 3 pregnancies.  I’m also loving fruit, especially oranges.  

Best moment this week: We signed the kids up for a siblings class and we are all looking forward to attending.  I’m nervous my oldest is going to smother this baby in love and my youngest might attempt to wrestle him as soon as he gets home from the hospital.  So I think a little baby 101 is going to be good for them both.

Movement: He’s very active, especially at night.  His kicks are strong enough that they are felt on the outside which is always fun for others to be able to feel. 

Sleep: Not great like I mentioned above.  I’ve been using my pregnancy pillow for a couple weeks now and I always have a love/hate relationship with it.  Comfortable but so hard to maneuver in the middle of the night.   

Maternity clothes: Absolutely.  I try to avoid jeans at all cost and have been living in leggings and maternity tops.  My husband rolls his eyes when he sees my pile of black leggings cleaned, folded and ready to wear again for the following week.

Milestones: Baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn.  His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he’s even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums.  His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment *

*according to baby center

No comments:

Post a Comment