Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Baby three at 17 weeks









Poor third child hardly getting any blog recognition.  I was so good about doing weekly updates with the other two so I'm going to try and do better.


How far along: 17 weeks (1/20/17)

Size of baby: Weighs 5 ounces and is 5 inches long from head to bottom. About the size of a turnip.  Collins' gets great joy out of hearing about the baby and what food it is. 
 

Feeling: Still pretty tired but not near as tired as I was the first trimester.  I think the two kids and no more naptimes for the older one play a role in my pure exhaustion come 6pm.

 

Gender: BOY!! We have our sono in February but we did a genetic blood screen that tells you the gender as well.  It's got a 99% accuracy so I'm pretty confident it's a boy.  We've been calling him by his name but it's still too early to be set on it.  I love it but we were set on a different name for Brooks up until like 30 weeks so we'll see.  It's super cute hearing the kids say his name though.

Cravings: Pickles, green olives, sweet and sour candy, there's really not a food I'll turn down.

Best moment this week: I switched OB's for a couple of reasons so I met her this week and really liked her.  Baby was moving all around so it was difficult to hear his heartbeat for very long but Collins went to the appointment with me and we both loved hearing him. 

Movement: I think I felt him for the first time at 16 weeks and 3 days and I have for sure felt him since.  I have to lay down and really focus on feeling it but it's the best feeling in the world. 

Sleep: It's time to bust out the pregnancy pillow. It's no longer comfortable to sleep on my stomach and only being allowed to sleep on my side has started to hurt my back.   

 Maternity clothes: I bought maternity leggings and I'm basically living in them.  My jeans are getting tight so I avoid them at all cost.

Milestones: Past the first trimester a little while back and this week, the baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone and the umbilical cord is growing stronger and thicker.  He can move his joints and sweat glands are starting to develop. *

*according to baby center

No comments:

Post a Comment