Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Collins at 3



We have officially entered the threenager year. Although she started taking that role  several months ago. Girlfriend is so dang cute and funny but she's very very independent. She doesn't really throw fits but wants to do everything on her own. Shut doors, turn lights on and off, put toothpaste on her toothbrush etc.  Let's hope we all make it through this year.

She's still a bitty little thing.  She had her well visit this morning and weighed 27.8 lbs (25%) and measured 35.5 inches (17%).  For the first time they told us she had a small hernia which would explain her outty belly button but it's not big enough that anything needs to be done about it.  She had to have 1 shot but she was tough and didn't cry. 


 
She loves loves loves babies (preferably real ones), her brother (usually too much), gymnastics, dance, eating, going places, blues clues and playing games. 

She doesn't like hamburger, taking naps (but she still does) or sitting still for very long. 

She's incredibly shy but once she warms up to you, she'll talk and talk and talk. I've started writing down some of the funny things she's said

After asking her numerous times to go blow her nose, she comes out of the bathroom, slams her used Kleenex on the table 
Collins- "you happy now?!"

Our dog was at the groomer 
Collins- "I wanna go get Elsie girl."
Me- "they haven't called to say she's done yet."
Collins- "Maybe text them."

Derek was giving them a bath and put the towels on the bath of the toilet 
Collins- "put them up there" (pointing at towel hook)
Derek- " oh yeah? Why?" 
Collins- "Mommy be mad."  Touché girl, that's gross!  

She was asking me what bedtime book I wanted to read 
Me- "I don't really like that one, why don't you pick a different book." 
Collins- "Come on! Me wike that book!" 

Holding one of her baby dolls 
Collins- "She came out of my boobs already." (Meaning her belly). She really wants me to have another baby. 2 in fact! One that she can hold and 1 that I can hold. She's a baby hog, just like me. 


Some of her favorite phrases are "five more minutes!" "Wike, a wittle bit." "Hope so!"  

Collins Cate, you are my little spitfire. You can drive me crazy sometimes but I can't stay mad at that cute face very long.  I love watching your imagination and being able to play games with you now.  We get some good hide and seek games going on when daddy's home.  Lets hope this year is full of less attitude and times outs and more laughter and fun.  Love you baby girl!

 
photos by The Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment