Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Brooks at 8 months

His first birthday has crossed my mind and that's just not ok!  I don't want him to grow up!!
 
 
 
Stats| I'm far to lazy to find that all out so I'm gonna say he's gained a couple ounces since we were at the doctor last month and guess he's around 16lbs 15oz.  They didn't measure him last month since it was just a weight check and flu shot so I won't even attempt to guess on that one.  He is mainly in 6-9 month clothing and a 3 in diapers. 
 
Eating| He is becoming quite the eater.  He literally screams, lunges and grabs for food that he sees.  I try and still do baby food 2-3 times a day but he also gets pieces of whatever Collins is eating.  I've lost track of all the food he has tried but some favorites include ground beef, avocado and cheese.  Yep, he's had his fair share of mac and cheese and I get it on his high chair fast enough. My kind of kid.  I'd say he's 50/50 on breast milk and formula.  I only nurse him 2-3 times in the day/night and the rest is formula or breast milk I've got stored up.  Usually I can only get him to take 3oz from a bottle except for his bedtime bottle and that one he'll do about 6oz.  I try and push more milk in him throughout the day but he pushes it away.  He's just way too distracted to eat and that's the main reason I started weaning him.  It became so stressful to try and keep Collins out of his room while I tried to feed him where it was quiet.  I sometimes feel guilty for weaning already since Collins never had formula but milk is milk and we gotta do what works for us. 
 
 
 
Sleeping| Because of the small milk intake throughout the day, he is stilllllll waking 1-2 times at night. The beginning of the month he was waking every 3 hours and is was brutal.  Some teeth popped through and the sleeping got better. He naps for an hour at 9am and takes a 2 hour nap at 1pm.  He gets fussy around 5 and will occasionally take a cat nap but we try to just keep him up until bedtime at 7pm. He's up for the day around 7am.  Now if I could just get him to do that 7pm-7am without waking up. Eventually, right?
 
Playing| He rolls all over the place and tries so hard to move.  He doesn't get on his knees but he thinks that if he kicks his feet fast enough, he'll go somewhere.  I walked into Collins room the other day to find him up on his knees holding on to her toy box.  I wouldn't be surprised if he skips crawling all together and just takes off walking. He's getting harder to hold because he thinks he can just get down and go.  I try my best to hold him as much as possible so he'll never learn to crawl or walk. Kidding! We got rid of the baby bath and now he sits and plays in the tub with big sis.  They can really get to splashing and having fun.
 
 
 
Health| No doctor visits this month.  He's working on a number of teeth though.  The ones on the side of his front teeth are pretty much through and his top 2 are coming as well.  Yep, the side ones are coming before the middle two.  So weird.  Needless to say, he's having some discomfort so I try to cut him some slack in the middle of the night. 
 
 
 
Likes| waving, splashing in the tub, going after sisters toys, watching the dog, eating table food and trying to talk.  I swear I've heard mama, dada and hi but not consistent enough to officially say he's talking.  Of course I'm always pushing him to say mama but as soon as I tell him to say mama, Collins goes "Brooks, say sissy." Poor baby is confused as crap on what he should be saying. 
 
waving
 
 
Dislikes| New people when he's tired or just woke up, not being fed quick enough.
 
A few other things I want to document is that he had his first sleepover! Derek and I had a murder mystery party to attend so auntie Amber is a godsend and offered to keep them both over night.  Brooks wasn't the best sleeper for her but he charmed her up and she's even offered to do it again.  I wish I could say I got a good nights sleep but I was missing my babies and had them picked up at 9am :) He will put his arms up or lunge towards you to be held, moves his body when you tell him to dance, waves and shakes his head no and looks around the room when you ask him where sissy or Collins is. 
 
This is him to a T.  Smiling and ankles crossed
 
 
My heart could burst with the amount of love I have for this boy.  Just look at him and you get a smile that will swoop you off your feet. He's got the best laugh, chubbiest cheeks and kissable face.  I love you, Brooksie bear.  More then you'll ever know. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment