Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Brooks at 7 months

This is all happening way too fast.  Although I don't wish to relive those first few months, I would like him to stay exactly how he is now.  Ridiculously happy, content and such a lover.  I could just squeeze him all day long. 



Stats|  16lbs and 9oz and I'm guessing around 25.5 inches.  We had his weight check today and he's still not up on the growth curve.  We just don't make big kiddos so I'm not all that surprised.  We'll keep pushing solids and our pediatrician said to try some table foods for more calories.  Wearing 6-9 month clothes and moved up to a size 3 diaper. 

Eating|   We introduced formula this month and he is taking 1 bottle of formula a day.  He needed to gain some weight and I had hopes that formula before bed would keep him fuller throughout the night. HA! He nurses 4-6 times a day and has solids 2 times a day.  I've given him a couple table foods like pears, apple, banana, green beans, peas, etc.  He can pick up the peas but can't quite get them to his mouth.  Big lover of fruit and big hater of green vegetables.  I give him a Sippy (my computer won't stop capitalizing that word. ggrrr) after he eats and he can drink from it but mostly chews on it.



 Sleeping| Sleeps from 7:15pm-7:30am waking 1-2 times to nurse.  We try to make him put himself back to sleep if he wakes before 2am but I usually cave after an hour because I just want to go back to sleep.  His eyes always pop open at 7:30am on the dot and he's ready for a morning nap about 2 hours from waking up.  Morning naps are usually on the go but he takes an afternoon nap at 1pm when Collins does.  Naps last 1-2 hours.  He goes crazy with excitement kicking his legs and moving his arms when we peek over his crib when he wakes up. See below


Play| Officially a sitter.  I put a pillow behind him just in case but he can sit and play all on his own now.  He's very content to lay on his back and play with his feet and has no desire to crawl.  He'll wiggle and push with his feet when he's laying on his back and can move a little but nothing when he's on his stomach. Fine by me, I'm not looking forward to a mobile baby.  Pulled out the older baby toys that are more interactive (loud) and I'm not sure who looks them more, him or Collins. He can shake his head no, pulls blankets off his head for peek a boo and almost has the wave down. 



 Health| Just needs to keep working on adding some weight

Likes|  We've had some great weather lately so we spend as much time outside as we can.  He's so happy outside and loves going on walks and swinging at the park.  Still always wants to jump, watch sister, take a bath, sing songs and dance, grab and chew on anything, his feet and watching TV.


Dislikes| I really can't think of anything.  He's just a very happy baby that hasn't shown any signs of separation anxiety or stranger danger. 


You make me so happy Brooksie bear.  Love you big time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment