Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Randy Rogers and St. Louis

Our Derek’s weekend started Thursday night when we went to see Randy Rogers (RR) and Reckless Kelly with my brother and Tara. We decided to stand up top so we wouldn’t be so crowded and some of the RR band came walking around  up there and we got to meet them! Tara and I might have been a little over excited when we saw them walking around but they came over to us and were SO nice. They talked to us for a good 30 min. and even taped us to possibly be in a music video! I’m sad that I just learned about these free country concerts on Thursday nights. I wasn’t feeling so hot on Friday so I won’t be doing anymore Thursday night concerts now that I am back to work.

007008009012

015

Saturday we woke up bright and early to head to St. Louis for my high school friend Sarah’s wedding. We got there around noon and the wedding was at 2:30 so we grabbed lunch, got ready and headed to the ceremony. She waited and didn’t let Jeremy see her till she walked down the aisle so they did pictures after the ceremony. What’s a group of people supposed to do for 4 hours before a reception? Bar hop of course. We actually only went to 2 bars but we tried some new beers and had a great time (at the bars and on the taxi rides).

031033034

The ceremony and reception was beautiful and I had so much fun catching up with all my friends. We don’t see each other very often but as soon as we get together, it’s like we have never been apart. Love these girls!

044

058056

 

073080

050041

Before we left town on Sunday I made Derek take me to the arch. I hadn’t been since I was 4 so I was dying to go.  I was a little nervous Derek was going to pass out in the elevator (that was 4 feet tall and 3 feet wide. We were knee to knee in that thing) that took us to the top but he was a champ and held it together. After that it was on the road back rushing back to KC so we could go look at our first house! That will be a whole nother post (no, we haven’t bought anything…yet).

086087090091092093095096097098099101102104

No comments:

Post a Comment