Monday, July 25, 2011

Back on the J.O.B.

Last Monday was my first day back to work with the twins. I never thought when I left in April I would be returning but I’m so happy with how things have worked out and that I am able to spend my day with these boys again. I’ll watch them at their house until we buy a house and I start my own daycare and then they will start coming to my house! It’s crazy that I have been with them since they were 2 months old (except for this summer but I still saw them almost every week) and I will continue to be with them for another 2-3 years.

Here’s a little look into our days. They have FINALLY gotten into a good schedule so that makes all 3 of us in better moods (and their parents as well).

8:00am I arrive. 90% of the time they are dressed and have already eaten breakfast. Occasionally they are still eating breakfast or need to be dressed for the day.

8:00am-9:30am They run around like crazy kids in the mornings. They LOVE being chased so we do a lot of that in the mornings. I unload dishwasher (which is super hard with 2 curious boys who want to help), start laundry and stuff cloth diapers their mom washed the night before.

9:30am-We are usually getting out of the house around now. Either going to the splash park, errands I need to run, meeting  up with our friends (I have met 2 great young moms that we try and meet up with once a week), etc. They boys usually have a snack around 9:45-10am. Usually in their stroller or car since we are out and about at this time.

11:30am Back home and lunch time

12:00-1:00 more running around and playing inside and then it’s diaper changes, cleaning up toys (yes, I have taught them to help me pick up their toys) and then upstairs for nap. It’s so easy now that they can go up the stairs by themselves. It was tiring carrying them both up or taking one up and then running back down to get the other.

1:00-4:00pm-NAPTIME!! Best part of the day. Sometimes it’s shorter, sometimes longer.  Praise the lord they are finally sleeping longer then an hour! I watch TV, get on my laptop, and fold clothes if needed.

4:00-5:30pm-Snack time, diaper change, and more playing until I leave around 5:30.

(I think they wake up around 6am and go to bed at 7:30pm)

Here are some phone pics from the past week:


Playing on the deck


They fought over who got to sit in this container so I got another one and they were happy as could be


Someone needs a haircut


They were being so good about sitting for a pic and then bam! They were gone!


I didn’t intend on them getting wet and playing in the rain water but they had other ideas so the shirts went off and I let them have at it


Gage drawing and driving


Photo-shoot today. Ian cracks me up in these last 2 (he drools like crazy and since I do the laundry, he wears bibs at home so we don’t dirty 1000 shirts)

No comments:

Post a Comment