Friday, May 21, 2010

Heellloooo 4 day weekend :)

I have been waiting for this weekend for the like 5 months! We decided to stay in KC tonight and sleep in our own bed but will be heading to Manhattan in the morning. Tonight we enjoyed a beer on the deck when we got off work and then headed to Jack Stack Barbeque


I'm not a huge fan of barbeque food but Jack Stack had the most AMAZING cheesy corn. I could have ate a bowl of it like the picture above! Next time, I am just getting the corn and their fries.

Tomorrow we are heading to Manhattan. We are supposed to meet with the lady that is going to make our cake. I am going to sound like a picky eater but I'm not a huge fan of cake either! Since I don't know what I want the cake to look like yet, we are just going to try the cake and see some of the cakes she has done. From her website creativecakesandcookies.org, it looks like she is VERY good.

Sunday is when we head to Milford lake to "camp" with my dads side of the family. When I say camp, I mean brand new log cabins, AC, plasma TVs with cable...you get the picture. This will be the 3rd year we have went and we all have a blast. We go fishing, hang out at the beach, golf, we have big dinners out on the huge deck, and then we sit by the campfire and roast marshmellows and chat. It's not Mexico or anything but it's nice to get away for awhile. Pictures to come next week!


(2008)

(2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment