Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Kai at 10 months

 
Time is going so fast! I think I have a theme picked out for his party, but i'm in denial that he's turning one soon.

He says mama!!! It was actually heard for the first time on April 15 by Collins. We were in the car and she goes, “did you hear that mom?! He said mama!” And sure enough, he did it again. I swear I’ve heard him say “hi” and “duh” for done. Counts, right?
 
 
I'm not for sure  how much he weighs.  Our scale is saying he weighs 19lbs but it doesn't calculate ounces.  I never took him in to get his blood drawn to see if anything is contributing to his small size.  I'm not too concerned so it's on the back burner for now.  We don't have another well visit until he's a year so hopefully we continue to stay healthy and won't need to go in before that. 

He’s wearing mostly 6-9 month clothes and got a new pair of size 2 shoes. I can’t find Brooks’ old shoes and he wasn’t walking in the summer time so I’m trying to figure out a good, summer shoe for Kai. One that stays on! I keep saying he’s going to walk any day now. He could if he’d just try. But as soon as we stand him up without holding on to something, he slowly goes down to a sit. I’ve seen him stand alone for about 6 seconds. His knees would really like for him to walk. They get so red from crawling on the cement. Doesn’t seem to phase him, he is so happy outside.

Despite only having 2 teeth, he loves food and eats everything.   He shovels it in by the fist full and usually has an empty plate in about 1 min. The only thing I can think of that he isn't a huge fan of is green beans.  He nurses before each nap, before bed and once in the middle of the night.  Between sports and playing outside, he hasn't been going to bed till 7-7:30pm and wakes up for the day around 6:45am.  We've had our ups and downs are far as sleeping this month.  There were a couple nights he'd wake up around midnight and cry for almost 2 hours because I refused to feed him at that time.  I'd go in there every 15 min or so and rub his back for a couple seconds until he finally just exhausted himself.  Then there are nights he doesn't wake up to eat until 5:30am which is kind of nice because I just stay awake and have a good hour to myself before anyone wakes up.  He's been taking longer morning naps (1.5-2 hours) and then a shorter afternoon nap (1 hour).  You just never know what your gonna get from him with his sleeping.
 
 

He almost always happy but I've been getting glimpses of his toddlerhood.  He does this fake cry and throws his head back when you tell him no, go to change his diaper, or try to get him in his car seat.  He knows exactly what cupboards don't have child locks on them and goes straight for them. Forget toys, he'd rather chew on shoes, teepee the bathroom and get into toilets. I've found his hand in a toilet twice now. Vomit!!!! I'm scared folks, he's gonna be trouble. 
 
  He’s pretty good about crawling into the playroom and playing on his own. Your probably thinking I’m crazy for letting him play alone but I have 2 kids that need me all.the.time so I’m going a different route with this kid and hoping he’s better at playing independently. I peek on him often, he good.

Kai bug, you are still the sweetest. Always laying your head on my shoulder and wanting to be held. If we’re out and about during nap time, you almost instantly fall asleep when I put you in the carrier. I adore your open mouth kisses, dimples and smile.  So many people comment on how happy you are. You give anyone a smile and then shyly, hide your face.  We love you so much baby boy. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment