Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Kai at 9 months



Wasn't I just doing his 8 month post? Time is flying! He weighed in at 17lbs (10%) and was 26 in long.  Which put him in under the 2% tile on the growth chart.  Our pediatrician was confident that he's just going to be smaller due to genes but wants us to go ahead and do some blood work.  We aren't concerned either and I'm sure he'll hit a growth spurt at some point.  I haven't even decided if I want to go through with the blood work because if something came back abnormal, I wouldn't want to do a steroid shot.  No, I don't want him to be a really short boy but I also don't like the side effects of a steroid. So we haven't crossed that bridge yet.  I'm just soaking up his happy, healthy, tiny little self.


He is on the go! Crawling up on all 4's, pulling up on everything, get's back down safely from standing up and can walk along furniture.  He'll occasionally let go of things and can stand alone for a couple seconds.  I see walking in our near future. Now that he's crawling all around the house, he hasn't been as attached to me.  Since we don't have gates yet and the toy room is right by our stairs, I have to keep a close eye on him.  And because of all the tiny toys his siblings have.  So.many.small.toys.  He's pretty much over all the baby toys and is in heaven in the toy room.  He pulls up on the toy kitchen and wants to be involved in whatever his siblings are playing with. 



I have failed miserably at brushing his teeth and reading books before bed.  I should really get on those things.  My first-time parent self would have been appalled.  Bedtime is about 7pm and he's still unpredictable the rest of the night.  For the most part, he wakes up to eat around 3am and then is up about 6:15.  If he eats earlier then 3am, I can usually convince him to eat again and go back to sleep till 7-7:30.  If he's not hungry yet, he isn't going back to sleep.  He takes a 1 hour morning nap at 9am and a 1.5 hour nap at 1pm. 



He's down to nursing 5 times (1 being in the middle of the night).  Soon after he wakes up, around 11am, 3pm and at bedtime.  He's hardly had any bottles this past month cause I'm lazy and hate to pump.  He'll take a bottle just fine and eats 6-7oz  Eating 3 meals of table foods and sometimes a little morning and afternoon snack.  If he sees someone eating, they better be sharing.  He's a bottomless pit and cries when mealtime is over.  Drinks water at mealtimes.

Despite not loving going to other people when mommy is in sight, you loved the Easter bunny.  Kept touching his face and smiling.



Kai Anders, you must have taken it literally when I told you to stay my baby.  Your little but your siblings will make sure your tough.  I look forward to seeing your adorable smile every morning and miss you as soon as you asleep at night.  We love you so much baby.



No comments:

Post a Comment