Sunday, January 8, 2012

Working on resolutions

Derek and I didn’t really do resolutions this year.  One of the main things we want to accomplish this year is to find a church we could start going to. Neither of us have been to church in YEARS (except when we were looking for a church to get married at).  We both agreed we need to be better Christians and want to do so by going to church regularly and joining a life group in the church where we can meet and talk with other adults.

So we tried out our first church this morning. Someone had recommended it to my sister and it’s pretty close to our house. We got there at 10:40 for the 11:00 service. When we walked into the church (which is HUGE. Children wing, coffee shop, etc) people were just walking out of the worship center. I looked at Derek and said no way are they just getting out of the 9:00 service.  Derek was like no way. They must have had something afterwards. Fast forward to 12:40 when our 11:00 service got out! It didn’t seem like it was THAT long but it definitely seemed long. I think it helped that the first 45 min. felt like we were at a concert, not church! It was something I have never experienced before. The band played for probably 45 min. before the pastor actually did the service. The band was really good and the pastor was awesome. When I thought the whole service was going to be the music, I wasn’t sure if it was going to be for us. I want a church where the service is meaningful and I learn from it. This pastor was funny and kept my attention. I felt like I walked about learning something on the first day!

Here’s what I am talking about with the band. No kids went up today though

So I can’t say we found our church home quite yet. I want to try out a couple more before we commit to a church but we both want to keep this one as a possibility. It had people of all ages and I can see us bringing our kids there and really get involved with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment