Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas Day

We got to my dads around lunch time on Christmas day and soon after we got there the rest of my immediate family and my dad’s side of the family started showing up. We had an early dinner and a special toast for my brother and his fiancé, Tara. We are so happy for them and can’t wait for the wedding!!

The poor kids had to stare at the presents for hours before we finally opened presents after dinner. I think we made up for it with all the fun toys they got! We raked in some money which is always nice!

xmas2011

We spent the next couple hours playing with the kid’s new toys and then let the 3 of them lay in the guest room and watch a movie! They looked so cute in their new pajamas and the pillow pets we got them.

christmas2011

Once the kids fell asleep watching the movie, us adults started a game of poker. Fast forward to 3:55am when I looked the clock and realized how late/early it was! We all decided to forfeit the game and let Amber win since she had the most chips.

The kids had us all up bright and early and my dad made us breakfast and then we all parted ways to head back home. We had a great Christmas and are so glad we got to spend time with both Derek’s family as well as mine. We hated not spending Christmas with my mom though. One bad thing about having divorced parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment