Sunday, December 10, 2017

Kai at 4 and 5 months

I'm excited to recap our recent Disney World trip but I told myself I couldn't write them until I did a little update on our Kai bug.

4 months
 
5 months

I never got around to do his 4 month post (sorry 3rd kid) so it's a good thing not much changed from month 4 to 5.   At his 4 month visit he weighed 13lbs 6oz (10%) and was 23 3/4 inches (3%).  He had a little drop on his growth curve but that is really no surprise to me, my kids are slow growers.  Our pediatrician did suggest adding a scoop of formula to his bedtime bottle for some extra calories.  We haven't been consistent with it but I try and give him some formula here and there.  I'd say his eating has gotten SO much better since we changed his reflux medicine.  I probably would have thrown in the towel already from nursing if we hadn't had an upcoming trip that I didn't want to be engorged on.  I'm glad we got his medicine figured out and I stuck with nursing, he's been a great eater now. 

Speaking of eating, we tried oatmeal at 4 months and he wasn't a fan.  I didn't push it and tried it here and there.  Now at 5 months, he's eaten (and liked) a quinoa and apple cereal mixed with pears, sweet potatoes and squash.  I'm trying to be better at feeding him baby food each evening, I'd say it plays out 4 days/week. 
 
 
 
Sleeping has had it's up and downs.  Right around 4 months (a little before) I started laying him down drowsy, but awake.  He didn't care to be rocked and I didn't have time to fight with him.  We never really had to let him cry for very long, I'm talking like 1-2 minutes. He'd cry, we'd go in and give him his binky and boom! Asleep.  Naps were brutal, he'd take a 30 minute nap, play and eat and then want another tiny nap about 1.5 hours later. Now he takes a cat nap in the morning, longer early afternoon nap (1.5-2 hours) and then cat nap around 4 or 5.  Bedtime has consistently been 7ish and he usually wakes around 4am to eat and then sleeps till 7ish.  Our recent battle with sleep has been that he will only sleep on his stomach and since he learned to roll from stomach to back (Oct 14), he'll roll over and eventually get mad and cry until we come and roll him back over.  He will not sleep on his back!  He's super close to rolling back to stomach so fingers crossed this helps in the sleeping department.  As of 12/8/17, he can roll back to stomach.

Car rides have gotten better.  I still can't guarantee that he'll be good but more times then not, he's happy to play with a toy and talk to sister in the back seat.  He enjoys playing on the floor, jumping in his jumper, grabbing everything, practicing sitting up, crinkly toys, his feet and thinks his brother and sister are the best entertainment.  He get's so excited when they come over to him.  He's happy with anyone until he sees mommy and then he starts whining until I take him.  Collins often says "don't let him see you!" when she's holding him. 
 

He was an angel at Disney World.  He spent about 12 hours a day being carried around and he hardly made a peep.  Just slept in the carrier, got passed around and even got to enjoy quite a few rides! We can't wait to take him back when he's older.

My little baby boy, your as sweet as they come.  You'll just lay with us and touch our faces and chat.  I soak up any chance I get to rock you and just hold you. You smile almost all day long and your dimples make you that much more irresistible. Your most likely the last baby so could you please stop growing?  Love you! xoxo


 



No comments:

Post a Comment