Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Kai at 3 months

 
 
Kai bug is now 3 months old! Not too much has changed since last month so I'll make this short and not too boring :)

Unfortunately, Kai had to visit the ER last week for croup.  He's following right in his brother's footsteps.  Although Brooks never got it before he was a year! The steroid helped quickly, thank goodness! It was so sad to hear and see him sick.  I believe he weighed in at 12lbs 6oz.
 
 
I jinxed myself after my last post and things went south in the nap department.  I never know if he's going to nap for 30 min or 2 hours.  Usually only cat naps throughout the day. Buuuut he goes to bed about 7pm and sleeps till at least 5am, sometimes even later.  So I have to remind myself during the day when I feel like I'm constantly rocking him to sleep, for it to only last 30 min, that he'll sleep when I want to sleep.  And speaking of sleep, he is brutal to get to fall asleep.  I've never had a baby that doesn't pass out after nursing.   I have to bounce and sway to get him to sleep.  I usually come out of his room sweating.  He didn't get the memo that my last baby needed to be super snuggly. 

On the bright side, he is getting much better in the car.  I forgot my wrap the other day and he actually made it through the store, in his car seat, without crying!
 
 

He's started to lift his feet into the air so I'm wondering if rolling is in his near future.  He's starting to roll over to his side so I better not leave him unattended on the couch anymore.  He grabs his toys and will sometimes pull his paci out of his mouth and hang on to it.  If his paci isn't in his mouth, usually his fist is. Which leads to lots of drool. I can't decide if he's teething or not, stay tuned. 

He attended his first college football game.  We were nervous for the 4 hour car ride there and back but he hardly made a peep the entire day.  Must have been because he loves his K-State Wildcats. 
 
 
We've gotten a few laughs from him and he continues to be the center of attention at our house. 

Well, my 30 minutes is up. He's awake.  Kai, please stop growing up and be my baby forever.  Love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment